For further advice and information the following sources may be of assistance:
- National heritage list for England (Historic England’s definitive interactive map of listed buildings, scheduled monuments, registered parks and gardens and registered battlefields) Historic England Historic England – Heritage map search
- Technical advice and a helpline number for owners of historic buildings can be found on the website of the society for the protection of ancient buildings (SPAB): SPAB Advice
- Practical and planning guidance relating to historic buildings and conservation areas can be found within the advice section of Historic England’s website: Historic England – Home advice
- Tewkesbury borough council offer a formal pre-application advice service for owners who are considering making changes to their property for which planning permission or listed building consent would be required. Information regarding this service is available on our planning enquiries page.
- For information regarding Tewkesbury high street heritage action zone see our webpage at: Tewkesbury High Street Heritage Action Zone
Guidance is also available in British Standard BS7913 guide to the conservation of historic buildings.
- Cotswold stone slate roofing – technical guidance (pdf, 262 KB)
- Historic window guide (pdf, 916 KB)
- Traditional casement windows design guide (pdf, 557 KB)
- Traditional casement windows technical guide (pdf, 86 KB)
- Traditional dormer windows design guide (pdf, 510 KB)
- Traditional dormer windows technical guide (pdf, 39 KB)
- Shopfront Design Guide – Supplementary Planning Document (pdf, 10 MB)