Apply for a new vehicle licence
If you would like to apply for a vehicle licence please see the below information about how to apply and the application process. You should read and understand the policy before submitting your application. Please ensure that you understand the conditions of the licence.
To apply for a new vehicle licence you will need to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Vehicle licence application form (pdf, 166 KB)
- MOT Certificate (no more than 1 month old)
- V5 Registration Certificate
- Meter Certificate issued after 18 July 2022 and calibrated to Tewkesbury Borough Council table or fares (Hackneys only or if there is a meter in the Private Hire Vehicle)
- LOLER and weight test certificate (for wheelchair accessible vehicles only)
- Pay the application fee online
Determination of the licence
If all of the steps above are satisfactory, your licence will be processed and with you within in 20 working days of the Council receiving the full and valid application.