Apply for a new operator licence
You must have a private hire operator licence to dispatch a private hire vehicle to a customer. An operator must make sure all vehicles and drivers have the necessary licences.
If you would like to apply for an operators licence please see the below information about how to apply and the application process. You should read and understand the policy before submitting your application. Please ensure that you understand the Private Hire Operator conditions.
- Taxi and Private Hire policy, 2022 (pdf, 1.54 MB)
- Licensing fees and charges, 2023 (docx, 21 KB)
- Private Hire Operator licence application form (pdf, 167 KB)
You will need:
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Basic check certificate (unless you are a licensed driver with Tewkesbury Borough Council) You can apply for one at: Request a basic DBS check – GOV.UK
- Proof of right to work in the UK (unless you are a licensed driver with us)
- Your business must have an operating base within the Tewkesbury Borough Council area
Determination of the licence
If all of the steps above are satisfactory, your licence will be processed and with you within in 20 working days of the Council receiving the full and valid application.