One of our key priorities is to maintain and protect the environment so that Tewkesbury Borough is one of the best places to work, live and visit. Street cleansing activities are carried out by our contractor, Ubico.
This includes emptying of dog waste & litter bins, collection & disposal of fly tips, graffiti removal, cleansing of public areas and mechanical road sweeping.
Dog Waste & Litter Bins
All bins within our borough are emptied on a regular basis depending on usage and location. If you see an overflowing bin, please take your rubbish and dog waste home with you.
To request a new litter or dog waste bin, please contact your local town or parish council.
We remove fly tips from public land around our borough including road verges, public open spaces and parks.
We cannot remove fly tips from private land – this will be the landowner’s responsibility to remove and dispose of appropriately.
When the fly tip is collected, it may be investigated if evidence is found. We aim to clear all fly tips as quickly as possible.
If you find a fly tip
- Do not disturb the site or the fly tip in case there is evidence.
- It may contain hazardous materials so please do not touch.
- Do not do anything that could put yourself at risk.
When you report a fly tip through to us, the following information will assist us –
- The exact location. You are able to place a pin on the map so please place this as accurately as possible. If you use What3words app/website then please tell us the 3 word location in the additional information section.
- The type of waste and approximately how much waste there is.
- Any photographs you have of the fly tip.
- Any information that you have on your may have dumped the waste including name, address or vehicle involved and whether you witnessed the waste being dumped.
- Your details in case we need to contact you.
Abandoned Shopping Trolley
How to report an abandoned shopping trolley
If you see a shopping trolley abandoned in the district, please report it to the store or supermarket (owner of the trolley) it came from.
Retailers are responsible for removing their own trolleys from public areas.
Most retailers use a trolley collection service. You can contact Collex or Trolleywise to report an abandoned trolley as below.
To report an abandoned Asda trolley contact Collex by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 0933 350.
Use the Trolleywise online form here to report an abandoned trolley from:
- Home Bargains
Other ways to report
If you see an abandoned shopping trolley or other possible obstruction in a watercourse which may lead to flooding, please call the Environment Agency on 03708 506 506.
Report an abandoned trolley as a fly-tip
You should only report an abandoned trolley to us if one or more of the following apply:
- Collex or Trolleywise have not removed the trolley within 3 days of your report
- items have been fly-tipped in the trolley
- the trolley is causing a hazard for example, in a watercourse or on a road
- the retailer cannot be identified
We will remove dead animals that are reported to us from public areas and roads.
Please be aware –
- We will not remove dead animals from private property – this is the responsibility of the landowner.
- It is difficult to remove dead animals from high-speed roads and this will be done as soon as practicably possible.
Road Maintenance, Footpaths and Street Lighting
To report a problem with road maintenance, footpaths or street lighting, please visit Gloucestershire County Councils website or call them on 08000 514514.