Tewkesbury Borough Council 2020 to 2024
Tewkesbury Borough, a place where a good quality of life is open to all.
Everything we do is aimed at delivering our vision but the way we deliver services is equally important to us. We are an ambitious council punching above its weight.
Our values show we are a council;
- which puts customers first,
- is positive about working with others, and
- values our employees.
To deliver our vision and provide focus our Council Plan sets out our six priorities and how we will deliver these through our objectives. On an annual basis the plan is refreshed and gives us a focus on improvement for the future, and the flexibility to adapt as things change.
- Finance and resources
- To ensure the council remains financially secure in the long term.
- Maintain a low council tax.
- Maintain our assets to maximise financial returns.
- Deliver the council’s commercial strategy.
- Economic growth
- Deliver our strategic plans and economic development plans.
- Deliver employment land and infrastructure to facilitate economic growth.
- Deliver borough regeneration schemes.
- Promote the borough as an attractive place to live and visit.
- Housing and communities
- Deliver the housing needs of our communities.
- Ensure development plans provide for the five-year land supply requirement.
- Support infrastructure and facilities delivery to enable sustainable communities.
- Customer first
- Maintain our culture of continuous service improvement.
- Develop online services to achieve ‘digital by preference, access for all’.
- Garden communities
- Delivery of Tewkesbury Garden Town
- Delivery of Golden Valley Garden village.
- Sustainable environment
- Deliver the carbon reduction action plan
- Promote a healthy and flourishing environment in the borough.
- Promote responsible recycling across the borough.
- Preserve and enhance the natural assets and built heritage of our borough.
Good performance management is when an organisation knows it is doing the right things well. To monitor how well we are performing, our performance management framework includes the council plan performance tracker.
The tracker monitors the progress in delivering the actions which support each priority theme. It details each individual action, a feasible implementation date, accountable officer, a status column plus a comments section to provide an overview of the delivery. Supporting the tracker is a set of key performance indicators and a financial summary analysis.
Progress of the tracker is reported on a quarterly basis to our Overview and Scrutiny Committee. You can view our performance tracker in the Overview and Scrutiny section of our minutes pages. Click on the date of the meeting, scroll down the items to find the Council Plan Performance Tracker heading and click to view the PDF.