Making the plan: 20 June 2023
As it’s Full Council meeting on the 20 June 2023, Tewkesbury Borough Council brought the Neighbourhood Plan into legal force, under Section 38A(4) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
The Neighbourhood Plan now forms part of the statutory Development Plan for the Borough of Tewkesbury.
Following the independent examination of the Woodmancote Neighbourhood Development Plan, a neighbourhood planning referendum was held on Thursday 4 May 2023 to decide the question below:
Do you want Tewkesbury Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Woodmancote to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
The result was:
- Number cast in favour of a Yes = 852 (88.1%)
- Number cast in favour of a No = 115 (11.9%)
The list of specified document, published for the referendum, including the poll results, can be accessed following the links below:
- Declaration of Results (82.6 KB)
- Information Statement (510 KB)
- Woodmancote Neighbourhood Development Plan – referendum version (pdf, 5.86MB)
- Woodmancote NDP Appendix 1-4 (referendum version) (pdf, 10.73 MB)
- Woodmancote NDP Appendix 5 (referendum version) (pdf 10.93 MB)
- Woodmancote NDP Appendix 6 (referendum version) (pdf, 487 KB)
- Basic Conditions Statement (pdf, 1.9 MB)
Examination: March 2022
The Borough Council appointed Barbara Maksymiw as the independent Examiner for the Woodmancote Development Plan. The examination was completed in September 2022 and the Examiner’s Report can be viewed below.
Neighbourhood plan documents
EXAM 001 – Woodmancote Neighbourhood Plan Questions RESPONSE BY PARISH COUNCIL 31 3 2022 (pdf, 152 KB)
EXAM002 – Woodmancote NDP Examiners Report September 2022
Regulation 16: 03 December 2021
A consultation, under Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 ran from 3 December 2021 until 30 January 2022 for the Woodmancote Neighbourhood Development Plan.
You can view the plan and accompanying reports below:
- Woodmancote Neighbourhood Development Plan (Submission Draft) (pdf, 5.53 MB)
- Consultation Statement Woodmancote NDP (pdf, 6.62 MB)
- Basic Conditions Statement Woodmancote NDP (pdf, 1.85 MB)
- Appendixes 1-4 Woodmancote NDP (pdf, 10.6 MB)
- Appendix 5 Woodmancote Character Assessment (pdf, 10.7 MB)
- Appendix 6 Quantum of Housing Stock Outside the Settlement Boundary (pdf, 483 KB)
The documents are also available for inspection at
- Tewkesbury Borough Council offices: Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury, GL20 5TT. Between 9:00 and 17:00 Monday to Thursday and between 9:00 and 16:30 on Friday
- Bishops Cleeve Library, Tobyfield Road, Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham, GL52 8NN. Please check www.tewkesbury.gov.uk for opening times.
- at Tewkesbury Library; Sun Street, Tewkesbury, GL20 5NX. Please check www.tewkesbury.gov.uk for opening times.
- Supporting documentation is available on the parish website at: Woodmancote NDP
Submission: 20 September 2021
Neighbourhood area designation: 27 June 2019
Woodmancote Parish Council applied to designate a neighbourhood area for the preparation of a neighbourhood development plan, which was received on 14 June 2019. On the basis that the application was made on behalf of the Parish Council, as the relevant body, and was for the whole parish, it satisfied the provisions of Regulation 5A of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended, and therefore a six week consultation period was not required. The meeting of the Executive Committee on 6 February 2019 resolved to delegate neighbourhood area designations to the Head of Planning Services for any future applications. Below, is Tewkesbury Borough Council’s Neighbourhood Area Planning Notice that approves the neighbourhood area for Woodmancote; and a map of the designated neighbourhood area.