Making the Plan: 27 September 2022
At its Full Council meeting on the 27 September 2022, Tewkesbury Borough Council brought the Neighbourhood Plan into legal force, under Section 38A(4) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
The Neighbourhood Plan now forms part of the statutory Development Plan for the borough of Tewkesbury.
Following the independent examination of The Leigh Neighbourhood Development Plan, a neighbourhood planning referendum was held on Thursday 28 July 2022 to decide on the question below:
Do you want Tewkesbury Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for The Leigh to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
The result was:
- Number cast in favour of a Yes = 60 (90.9%)
- Number cast in favour of a No = 6 (9.1%)
The specified documents are available to view below:
- The Leigh Referendum Version Neighbourhood Development Plan (PDF, 6.94 MB)
- The Leigh Independent Examiner’s Report (PDF, 284 KB)
- Copies of the Representations Submitted to the Independent Examiner
- Basic Conditions and Legal Requirements Statement (PDF, 111 KB)
- General Planning Statement (PDF, 127 KB)
- Information Statement (PDF, 1.62 MB)
An independent examiner, Timothy Jones, Barrister, FCIArb, was appointed to conduct the Examination for The Leigh Neighbourhood Development Plan. The examination was completed in April 2022 and the Examiner’s Report can be viewed below:
A consultation, under Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 ran from 24 September 2021 until 7 November 2021 for The Leigh Neighbourhood Development Plan.
A total of 12 responses to the consultation were received and these can be viewed below, including the Policy response of Tewkesbury Borough Council.
You can view the plan and accompanying reports below:
- The Leigh Submission Draft Neighbourhood Development Plan (July 2021) (pdf, 5.91 MB)
- Consultation Statement (July 2021) (pdf, 5.01 MB)
- Basic Conditions Statement (July 2021) (pdf, 2.80 MB)
- Supporting documentation is available on the parish website at: https://theleighpc.org.uk/
Submission: 19 July 2021
The Leigh Neighbourhood Development Plan was submitted, in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, to Tewkesbury Borough Council.
The Leigh have undertaken their draft plan (Regulation 14) consultation which closed at the beginning of 2021. They have completed the review of the comments received to the plan and have worked closely with Tewkesbury Borough Council to move the plan towards final submission
Neighbourhood area designation: 31 August 2016
The Leigh Parish Council applied to designate a neighbourhood area for the preparation of a neighbourhood development plan, which was validated on 22 March 2016. In accordance with the provisions of Regulation 5 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended a consultation on the proposed neighbourhood area was undertaken, ending on 24 June 2016. The meeting of the Executive Committee on 31 August 2016 resolved ‘That the designation of Neighbourhood Areas covering the Parishes of The Leigh be approved.’