Making the plan: 30 June 2020
At its Full Council meeting on the 30 June 2020, Tewkesbury Borough Council brought the Neighbourhood Plan into legal force, under Section 38A(4) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
The Neighbourhood Plan now forms part of the statutory Development Plan for the Borough of Tewkesbury.
Referendum: 12th March 2020
A Referendum relating to the adoption of the Churchdown & Innsworth Neighbourhood Plan was held on Thursday 12th March 2020. The question asked in the Referendum was:
“Do you want Tewkesbury Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Churchdown & Innsworth to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The Churchdown and Innsworth Neighbourhood Development Plan secured the majority of those voting for Tewkesbury Borough Council to use the plan to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Area, with a 17.49% turnout and 91.20% voting yes.
The list of specified documents published for the referendum, including the proposed Neighbourhood Plan, are as follows:
- Referendum Information Statement (pdf, 708 KB)
- Churchdown and Innsworth Referendum Version Neighbourhood Development Plan (pdf, 3.83 MB)
- Churchdown and Innsworth Independent Examiner’s Report (pdf, 265 KB)
- Summary of the Representations Submitted to the Independent Examiner (pdf, 613 KB)
- Basic Conditions and Legal Requirements Statement (pdf, 275 KB)
- General Planning Statement (pdf, 272 KB)
Examination: October 2019
The Borough Council appointed Deborah McCann (BSc DipArchCon MRICS MRTPI) as the independent Examiner for the Churchdown & Innsworth Neighbourhood Development Plan. The examination concluded in November 2019 and the final report was published on 21st November 2019.
- Independent examiner’s report on the Churchdown & Innsworth Neighbourhood Development Plan (pdf, 263 KB)
The examination library containing the documents referred to as part of the examination are below.
Neighbourhood Plan Core Documents
- COR001 – Churchdown & Innsworth Neighbourhood Plan – Reg 16 March 2019 (pdf, 16MB)
- COR002 – Character Area Good Practice Guide, May 2018 (pdf, 2.10MB)
- COR003 – SEA HRA Screening Determination July 2018 (pdf, 172KB)
- COR004 – Basic Conditions Statement March 2019 (pdf, 1.6MB)
- COR004a – Basic conditions NPPF January 2019 compliance confirmation, May 2019 (pdf, 56.1kb)
- COR005 – Regulation 14 Consultation Statement April 2019 (pdf, 361KB)
- COR006 – Regulation 14 Consultation Statement – Appendices (pdf, 5.2MB)
- COR007 – Regulation 14 Consultation Statement appendix Z (Excel, 158kb)
- COR008 – Evidence List April 2019 (pdf, 161KB)
Regulation 16 Consultation Responses
- REP001 – Gloucestershire Orchard Trust
- REP002 – RPS/Richborough Estates
- REP003 – Resident 1
- REP004 – Resident 2
- REP005 – Resident 3
- REP006 – Pegasus/Robert Hitchens
- REP007 – Natural England
- REP008 – SF Planning
- REP009 – Tewkesbury Borough Council
Local Plan Documents
- LP001 – Adopted Joint Core Strategy, December 2017 (pdf, 10.5 MB)
- LP002 – Adopted Tewkesbury local plan to 2011, March 2006 (pdf, 4.7 MB)
- LP003 – Adopted Tewkesbury local plan to 2011 proposals map (pdf, 19.3 MB)
- LP004 – Tewkesbury local plan to 2011 saved policies direction (pdf, 799 KB)
- LP005 – Tewkesbury Borough Plan Preferred Options October 2018 (pdf, 2MB)
Submission plan (Regulation 16) consultation: June 2019
In accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended), Churchdown and Innsworth Parish Council’s submitted their Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) Submission Version to Tewkesbury Borough Council on 5 April 2019.
Regulation 16 consultation neighbourhood planning notice (pdf, 311kb)
The consultation on the Regulation 16 plan took place between Monday 24 June and Tuesday 27 August 2019.
The documents accompanying the consultation are set out below:
- Churchdown and Innsworth Neighbourhood Development Plan, March 2019 (pdf, 16MB)
- Consultation statement, April 2019 (pdf, 361kb)
- Consultation statement appendices, April 2019 (pdf, 5.24MB)
- Consultation statement appendix Z (Excel, 158kb)
- Basic conditions statement, March 2019 (pdf, 1.64MB)
- Basic conditions NPPF January 2019 compliance confirmation, May 2019 (pdf, 56.1kb)
- SEA/HRA screening determination June 2019 (pdf, 250kb)
- Local Green Space Consultation, June 2019 (pdf, 784kb)
Other supporting documents include:
- Churchdown and Innsworth Character Area Good Practice Guide, May 2018 (pdf, 2.10MB)
- Churchdown and Innsworth SEA/HRA screening determination, July 2018 (pdf, 172kb)
Regulation 14 consultation material:
Churchdown and Innsworth have undertaken their draft plan (Regulation 14) consultation which closed at the end of 2018. They have completed the review of the comments received to the plan and are moving towards the final submission plan which they hope to submit to Tewkesbury Borough Council during 2019. More details can be found on their website at: churchdownandinnsworthplan.co.uk.
Neighbourhood area designation: 3 July 2013
The parishes of Churchdown and Innsworth applied to designate a joint neighbourhood area for the preparation of a neighbourhood development plan, which was validated on 12 April 2013. In accordance with the provisions of Regulation 5 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended a consultation on the proposed neighbourhood area was undertaken, ending on 24 May 2013. The meeting of the Executive Committee on 3 July 2013 resolved ‘That the designation of Neighbourhood Plan areas covering the Parishes of Churchdown and Innsworth be approved.’