Making the Plan: 27 September 2022
At its Full Council meeting on the 27 September 2022, Tewkesbury Borough Council brought the Neighbourhood Plan into legal force, under Section 38A(4) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
The Neighbourhood Plan now forms part of the statutory Development Plan for the Borough of Tewkesbury.
Following the independent examination of the Ashchurch Rural Neighbourhood Development Plan, a neighbourhood planning referendum was held on Thursday 28 July 2022 to decide on the question below:
Do you want Tewkesbury Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Ashchurch Rural to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
The result was:
- Number cast in favour of a Yes = 155 (88.57%)
- Number cast in favour of a No = 20 (11.43%)
The specified documents are available to view below:
- Ashchurch Rural Referendum Version Neighbourhood Development Plan (PDF, 4 MB)
- Ashchurch Rural Independent Examiner’s Report (PDF, 796 KB)
- Copies of the Representations Submitted to the Independent Examiner
- Basic Conditions and Legal Requirements Statement (PDF, 111 KB)
- General Planning Statement (PDF, 127 KB)
- Information Statement (PDF, 877 KB)
An independent examiner, Liz Beth BA (Hons) MA Dip Design in the Built Environment MRTPI, was appointed to conduct the Examination for the Ashchurch Rural Neighbourhood Development Plan. The examination was completed in April 2022 and the Examiner’s Report can be viewed below:
A consultation, under Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 ran from 24 September 2021 until 7 November 2021 for Ashchurch Rural Neighbourhood Development Plan.
A total of 13 responses to the consultation were received and these can be viewed below, including the comments of Tewkesbury Borough Council.
You can view the plan and accompanying reports below:
- Submission Draft Ashchurch Rural Neighbourhood Development Plan (July 2021) (pdf, 3.19 MB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (April 2021) (pdf, 2.49 MB)
- Consultation Statement (July 2021) (pdf, 6.21 MB)
- Basic Conditions Statement (July 2021) (pdf, 1.94 MB)
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (December 2020) (pdf, 2.22 MB)
- Interim Facilitation Report (February 2021) (pdf, 244 KB)
- Planning Appeal at Fiddington (January 2020) (pdf, 665 KB)
- Planning Policy Context (July 2021) (pdf, 1.69 MB)
- Save Our Lanes Evidence (October 2017) (pdf, 2.82 MB)
- Ashchurch Rural Parish Council Minutes 30 June 2021 (pdf, 938 KB)
- Supporting documentation is available on the parish website at: Neighbourhood Plan » Ashchurch Rural Parish Council (ashchurchruralpc.org.uk).
Submission: 14 July 2021
The Ashchurch Rural Neighbourhood Development Plan was submitted, in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, to Tewkesbury Borough Council following formal approval by the Parish Council at its meeting on 30 June 2021.
Ashchurch Rural have undertaken their draft plan (Regulation 14) consultation which closed at the beginning of 2018. They have completed the review of the comments received to the plan and have worked closely with Tewkesbury Borough Council to move the plan towards final submission, which they hope to submit to Tewkesbury Borough Council during 2019. More details can be found on their website at: ashchurchruralpc.org.uk/planning.
Neighbourhood area designated: 8 January 2014
Ashchurch Rural Parish Council applied to designate a neighbourhood area for the preparation of a neighbourhood development plan, which was validated on 16 September 2013. In accordance with the provisions of Regulation 5 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended a consultation on the proposed neighbourhood area was undertaken, ending on 25 October 2013. The meeting of the Executive Committee on 8 January 2014 resolved ‘That the designation of neighbourhood plan areas covering Ashchurch Rural Parish be approved.’