Skip Menu

Dropped kerb

Vehicle dropped kerb, often referred to as a dropped kerb/crossover, provides the legal means to allow you to access your property safely using a car or other domestic vehicle.

You will need to contact  to find out whether your property is on a classified road. If the access or dropped kerb is on a classified road it will require an application for planning permission.

If the access or dropped kerb is onto an unclassified road and you require a legal confirmation that planning permission is not required, you will need to apply for an application for a lawful development certificates.

You will also need to submit a vehicle crossover application to Gloucestershire County Council. Prior agreement from Gloucestershire County Council is required before arranging for the work to take place.

Surfacing of front gardens

Planning permission may be required for hard surfaces within the garden of a dwelling. For more guidance please visit the planning portal.