Skip Menu

Parades and processions

We accept applications for parades and processions e.g. Remembrance Day parades. To apply please fill in a Temporary Road Closure application form (docx, 131 KB) including:

  • Information of the parade or procession including the purpose, date and times, and any insurance information
  • A plan of the route, proposed divisions, signage or marshalling where applicable
  • Contact information
  • Please email your completed application form and accompanying documents to our licensing team at Please also make a payment of £100.

We will then:

  • check your application and contact you if we need any more information
  • send the application to other organisations for information and comment e.g. Parish Council, Police. They may need further information or we may ask you to speak directly with these organisations
  • Please allow a minimum of 8 weeks for the application to be processed.

Temporary road closures for street parties, fairs or events

Gloucestershire County Council are responsible for road closures in connection with street parties, fairs or events. Please contact them at:

Road Space Co-ordinator,
Gloucestershire County Council Street Works Team,
Network and Traffic management,
Shire Hall,
GL1 2TH.