Skip Menu


Please email your application forms and copies of the required documents, together with a photo of yourself, to


  • You must be 18 or over
  • You must possess an approved licensing qualification Accredited qualification providers: personal licence to sell alcohol – GOV.UK (
  • You must not have had a personal licence forfeited in the past 5 years
  • If you have been convicted of a relevant offence under section 4 of the Licensing Act 2003 or a foreign offence your application may be refused
  • You must reside in the Tewkesbury Borough. If you live outside of the Borough, you must apply to your Local Authority where you live

You will need to submit all these items when applying for a personal licence or your application cannot be accepted. Please contact us if you would like more information about making an application for a personal licence.

Please send in:

  • Completed application form
  • Completed disclosure of criminal convictions and declaration form
  • Basic Disclosure obtained from the Disclosure and Barring Service – The disclosure must not have been issued more than one calendar month before the personal licence application is submitted.
  • Certificate of personal licence qualification
  • Two passport size photographs with a statement on the back of one saying “I agree this is true likeness of ……” and endorsed by a solicitor, notary or person with a professional qualification or person of standing
  • Documentation showing proof of right to work in the UK
  • Fee of £37 – to be paid here – Payments – Tewkesbury Borough Council
  • Forms and documents should be emailed to
  • If you want to post documents send to: The Licensing Section, Tewkesbury Borough Council, Council Offices, Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury, GL20 5TT. Please do not send a cheque as we cannot process them. You will need to pay using the online payment link
  • You will need to provide evidence of your Right to Work in the UK. Please see Annex 7 onwards of this document for acceptable documents: An employer’s guide to right to work checks: 6 April 2022 (accessible version) – GOV.UK ( If you need to provide a check code you can obtain one here: Prove your right to work to an employer – GOV.UK (

If you have a personal licence holder, there are certain responsibilities and duties that you must comply with. One of the most important duties is to tell us if your name or address changes. The relevant form above can be used to notify us of such a change.

Change of Name or Address

If you change your address or your name you must contact the Licensing Authority that issued your personal licence.

If your licence was issued by Tewkesbury Borough Council you must do the following.

We will then reissue your personal licence with the new details

Police objections to your application

The police can object to your application if you have been convicted of a relevant offence under Schedule 4 of the Licensing Act 2003 or a foreign conviction. (See the list of relevant convictions). The Police must make an objection within 14 days of receiving the application. If the police make an objection a hearing must be held to consider your application.

Prevention of fraud

This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you provide on application forms for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.