Skip Menu

Appeal a decision

If you are unhappy with a decision that we have made and wish to appeal that decision, please email Please include your name, address, account reference number and detail the grounds of your appeal.

Make a complaint

We take all formal complaints seriously, and they are dealt with in line with our self-service portal. You will receive a response to your formal complaint within 20 working days.  If you are not happy with your Housing Benefit award or Council Tax Reduction award, then you should follow the procedures outlined in the relevant appeals section.  These cannot be treated as formal complaints as they have their own statutory procedures.

Examples of formal complaints are:

  • We have not responded to a service request, or we have failed to deliver a service to you.
  • The service we delivered did not meet your expectation.
  • You were treated in an unprofessional manner.

If you wish to make a complaint please do so by clicking here.