If you do not agree with a decision we have made, you can ask for us to look at it again (this is called a reconsideration).  To request a reconsideration, you need to write or email us to say why you think the decision is wrong and provide any further information you think is relevant.  We will then look at your claim again and write to you once we have done this. We should reply to you within 2 months of receiving your letter or email.

Once we have reviewed the decision, if you still do not agree with it, you can ask for a review.  You do this by applying directly to the Valuation Tribunal (VT) which is independent of the Council.  There is an online form which can be found Valuation Tribunal Service’s website. If you do not have access to a printer, please telephone us and we can print the form off and send it to you in the post.

There is a deadline to appeal to the VT. You must apply to the tribunal within 42 days (6 weeks) of receiving the Council’s decision on their request for review. If the Council has not responded to the request for review after 2 months, you can appeal straight to the Valuation Tribunal.